Thursday 6 April 2017

Written by Lennart

Estonian Exchange, April 2017

Hey,

My name is Lennart and from 30.03-07.04 I visited Kanepi, Estonia and in this little text I want to tell you some of my expressions I got here.

In my opinion is Estonia a very beautiful country, especially because of the fantastic scenery and the wonderful nature we could experience while walking through the forest or making a rafting-tour. Furthermore, I have to say, that Estonia in general is very different from Germany.The climate here is very different, for example would it be a wonder in Germany if it snows on the beginning of April, but here in Estonia it is normal, more or less. Moreover is the infrastructure in Estonia not so good like in Germany, which you can especially see on the streets. Because of that the exchange is a very great oppoortunity, but to be honest I could not imagine living here for a year or even longer.

Kanepi is a small village with 700 inhabbitans. It has got a townhall, a school, a church and moreover it has got some little shops where you can buy food or something else. Even if it is a small village, you get nearly everything what you need for the daily life. Furthermore, the people are for the most time very friendly and they try hard to make you a great day. It was great that we could meet the major without any problems.

The School in Kanepi, the “Kanepi Gümnaasium”, is a little school with 186 students. The first lesson starts at 8:30 in the morning and ends regular at 15:00. At 12:05 is lunch, which was always very delicious. My favourite subject was PE and the teachers around the school were always very friendly and tried to help us as often as they could. The other estonian students were friendly too, but maybe a bit shy.Moreover it was special to realize that they have got some other subjects like cooking or something else.

I was hosted by the family Keldu who live in a nice flat near by the school. They were always very friendly and tried hard to make a perfect stay for me. When there was no program, they did something with me too like going bowling or in the gym, very great! The food was always very delicious and not always the same. Because of that I really enjoyed my time with them!


All in all I can say that it was a great exchange and I can recommend to make an exchange to Estonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment